- LEED Gold is the most prestigious rating by USGBC to encourage market transformation towards sustainable design
UST Global, a US-based leading digital technology services company, announced that its campus in Thiruvananthapuram has been awarded the most prestigious achievement, LEED Gold. Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is a rating system devised by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) to evaluate the environmental performance of a building and encourage market transformation towards sustainable design.
The 740,000 sq. ft. campus building has been recognized under the rating system of Indian Green Building Council’s (IGBC) LEED – India CS Version 1.0 at the certification level of Gold.Currently, about 3,000 employees work from the campus.
Built on a 36 acres of land, the building holds the current capacity to seat 7,800 employees.
Key salient Green features of UST Global campus:
- Reduced building energy consumption with high performance glazing and high COP HVAC system
- 9% water use reduction through low flow sanitary fixtures
- Water efficient landscaping using treated water
- Eco-Friendly building envelope, Fresh air technology
- Good connectivity to basic amenities and public transportation
- Enhanced ventilation and thermal comfort for the occupants
- Good building design to ensure views to the exterior
- Eliminated hazardous battery waste using fly wheel UPS
- Increased Energy efficiency using radiant cooling
- 100% rain water harvesting